Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Have you seen my husband?


Picture taken on Saturday, September 10 - the master bedroom side is being prepped for roof panels

He's been missing every weekend. Rumor has it that he's got a mustache now. Seriously, he has been working or thinking about the house whenever he's not working at his real job.

I'm amazed at how much he and his help have completed, just working on the weekends!

Last night at about 8:30, they put the last roof panel on the house. I think I've been holding my breath until last night. Putting those roof panels seemed like a daunting task and although Adam is capable, I was unsure how the process was going to unfold. Adam on a roof... Thankfully, we found an experienced SIPS carpenter that was very helpful and has constructed about 150 SIPS homes in Texas. They worked all weekend and they completed the house roof panels! (The garage and shop are next weekend).

All it needs is the roof underlayment and it will be in the dry! Being in the dry is a major milestone in home construction. That means that very soon, we can bring in the plumber, electrician and the HVAC subs. I can not wait, I'm so excited! Stay tuned as we research metal roofs and the best color to reflect the sun.....

No comments:

Post a Comment