Monday, July 11, 2011

Our first house....







The second picture is the "before" taken about May 2002 and the first picture is the "after" taken April 2007. I still had my Georgia tags on my Passat. We bought the cottage on the hill in April 2002 and lived in it until March 2011. We did so many improvements, but the major addition was completed in the winter of 2005. We added on a laundry room, master bedroom, walk in closet and bath. We also constructed a screened porch, carport and driveway at that same time. The addition was almost like building a new house, on a smaller scale. We did joke at times that it was all we really needed to live in. I think tackling that project, along with all the other projects, has helped prepare ourselves in this home building project. I often find myself thinking about the finishes, cabinets, paint, and tile that we used and how I want to use them again in this house. And I'm o.k. with that, it just shows I really like 1" hexagon tile, the color "Ochre", simple shaker cabinets and beadboard.



1 comment:

  1. Originally we had to park on the street like that! Then we had a little parking pad cut into the hill to the right of that street level garage. When we did the remodel, that parking pad was removed and the new driveway was installed up to the carport shown in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete