Thursday, July 28, 2011

delivery day

First of all, a huge thank you to Tony Belmont and Step Morgan. Without their help yesterday, none of this would have been possible. Thank you!
I arrived at the site yesterday with a 18 wheeler with curtained side wall right in front.
I knew right away something wasn't quite right before I got there. It turned out that the SkyTrac "arms" weren't long enough for the 8' panels. They were only 4' long. The rental company had ordered the arm extensions the day before and they didn't have them available. So, with some wrangling and lots of straps, they very carefully unloaded the panels.

I'm pretty sure I didn't breathe until the first set of panels had been set down. I realized, for my sanity and blood pressure, that I couldn't watch. I was a nervous wreck. It took 1.5 hours to unload and about three hours to sort and organize them. Garage panels on the garage slab, upstairs panels are on the back patio, first floor panels are scattered around waiting to be put up. All the panels are numbered and they correspond to the plans. Basically, a giant puzzle.

If you'd like to help out or get a better idea about SIPs, let me know and I'll give you the information to our site. We will be out there this weekend, July 30-31.

No comments:

Post a Comment