Wednesday, July 11, 2012

An abundance....

Just a moment ago, I was putting away the dishes. I opened up the dishwasher, overflowing with an abundance of water bottles, sippy cups and glasses of all kinds. I precariously pushed mason jars, pint glasses, Winnie the pooh juice glasses and coffee mugs all together in one cabinet. (The boys have their own drawer, where they grab what they need at their level safely. Now they are able to get their own water without having to ask me. I still control the milk and juice). I have a serious amount of drink ware. I have an entire cabinet full. It is sickening. Not only I am able to have glasses, I have an abundance. I am saying it in a positive way, because I see that it all was acquired through abundance.

I have enough and I am grateful.

My kids and I had an eye opening meltdown tonight after I refused to buy a crappy toy. We have an abundance of toys. There was a sense of entitlement that made my heart sink. Do I dare say what my first thought was?
So, I'll be culling the glassware here tonight and finding ways to teach my children that they are and have enough. An abundance.

By the way, if you want to see an abundance of stuff in our storage unit, search for it on eBay under "entire storage unit contents". The auction ends Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment